Crime Victim Services
Contact: Regina Barnes, Crime Victim Liaison
Know Your Rights
As a crime Victim in Texas have a right to:
- Be protected from further harm or threats for cooperating with prosecution efforts.
- Have the victim's safety considered in the setting of bail
- Information about relevant court proceedings.
- Information about a defendant's right to bail and the procedures in a criminal investigation and in the criminal justice system.
- Provide pertinent information on the impact of the offense to be considered at the time of sentencing and parole information about the Crime Victims' Compensation program.
- Information about parole procedures and the be notified upon the release of the defendant.
- Be provided with a separate and secure waiting area for witnesses at a trial
- Prompt return of property held as evidence when it is no longer required
- Have employer notified if testimony requires absence from work
- Have counseling regarding acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS/HIV) if the offense creates the need
- Be present at all court proceedings related to the offense, subject to judge's approval
For information and explanation of these rights contact the Texas Attorney General's Office.
For your safety and security, the Clute Police Department is on duty for you around the clock. For non-emergency questions and issues, please call (979) 265-6194. For emergencies and urgent situations, call 911.
To contact Crime Victim Liaision, click on the following link: